This is a so simple and tasty, the peppery watercress works so well with the sweet sticky grapes and salty crunchy nuts. All pulled together with the sharp tanginess of the dressing. A delicious light lunch but work very well as a beautiful starter.
- Small Bunch of roasted grapes (need to add link to the recipe for roasted grapes)
- 100g watercress
- ½ cup Salted blanched almonds or Salted Marcona Almonds
- 2 tbs of reserved juice from the roasted grapes
- 1 tbs chopped shallots
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- A good pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegan parmesan shavings (optional)
Start by whipping up your dressing, I just add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk till emulsified. Tastes and adjust the seasoning, you may need more salt, sour or sweet. Vinegar brands can vary in sharpness. You could adjust with more grapes juices if it tastes too sharp.
Next assemble your salad. Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl and gentle toss till combined.
Drizzle over your dressing and add shaved ‘parmesan’ if you wish.