These are light and fluffy, low in sugar and could easily be made GF by swapping in for your regular self-raising GF Blend.Not only that, they are a simple wet into dry recipe, like zero skil involved here.
They are spiced to perfection and come with topped with a maple Cream cheese glaze. What’s not to like?
If you don’t have a donut ring mould, you could always make into cupcakes.
- Prep time:20minutes
- Cook time:15-20 minutes
- Serves:12 donuts
1 Cup of self-raising flour
½ cup of buckwheat flour
½ cup of coconut sugar
1/4 cop of pecans finally chopped
a large pinch of sea salt
½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp of baking powder
1 tbs of corn flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp of mixed spice
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp grated nutmeg
1 Cup of almond milk or dairy free alternative
1/4 Cup of light oil such as groundnut
1 tsp of vanilla bean paste or extract
1 tbs of Apple cider vinegar
1 medium carrot grated
For the glaze
¾ cup vegan cream cheese, I use almond
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre heat your oven to 160C fan
- Grease 12 ring donut pan or two 6 ring pans
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- Combine the wet into the dry do not overmix.
- Divide the mix into the doughnut rings bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes. cheque after 15 minutes to see if they are already an A skewer comes out clean.
- Allowed to cool in the pan for five to 10 minutes, turn the Donuts out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the doughnuts are calling beat together the cream cheese Maple syrup vanilla and ground cinnamon until silky smooth.
- When you already too place the Donuts dip each doughnut into the glaze and give them a little twist remove and place back on the cooling rack. Repeat until you have done all the Donuts and sprinkle with some extra crushed pecan nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Store in an airtight container for one to two days.