These donuts are light as air but taste so indulgent. They use a basic wet into dry recipe, that I so love.
I added some Form protein powder to these but if you don’t want to use it then just add more flour in place and an extra tbs of cocoa powder.
I gave these a pretty white and ruby chocolate glaze as valentines was upon us. but a simple dark chocolate in place of the white and a sprinkle of toasted crushed peanuts are another favourite way to serve these.
You can also swap in the peanut butter for hazelnut or cashew, equally as delicious.
- Prep time:20 minutes
- Cook time:15-20minutes
- Total time:1 hour 15 minutes
- Serves:12 donuts
1 Cup of self-raising flour
½ cup of coconut sugar
a large pinch of sea salt
½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp of baking powder
4 heaped tbs Form Chocolate Peanut protein powder or more flour and with an extra Tbs Cacao powder.
1 tbs raw cacao powder
1 Cup plus 3 tbs of almond milk or dairy free alternative
1/4 Cup of light oil such as groundnut
1 tsp of vanilla bean paste or extract
1 tbs of Apple cider vinegar
¼ cup runny sugar free smooth peanut butter or alternative
For the glaze
200g vegan white chocolate
1 tbs coconut oil
½ cup vegan ruby chocolate chips (optional)
Red or pink food colouring (optional) but go for natural
Rose petals (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 160C fan
- Grease 12 ring donut pan or two 6 ring pans
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- Combine the wet into the dry do not overmix.
- Divide the mix into the doughnut rings bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes. cheque after 15 minutes to see if they are already an A skewer comes out clean.
- Allowed to cool in the pan for five to 10 minutes, turn the Donuts out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, melt the chocolate in a bowl over gently simmering water.
- When you already too glaze the Donuts dip each doughnut, add a few drops off pink food colouring into the melted chocolate, using a cocktail stick give it a quick swirl. Dip the donuts into the chocolate and give them a little twist remove and place back on the cooling rack. Repeat until you have done all the Donuts. If using melt the ruby chocolate and drizzle over part of the donuts, top with a few rose petals and a grating of white chocolate if using.
- Store in an airtight container for one to two days.