Healthy, satisfying, and ready in about 20 minutes: meet your new favourite midweek winner. Plus, you’ll be left with extra sauce to dip in crudities or use as a salad dressing later in the week. What’s not to love!
Add whatever greens you like to this stir fry and serve with rice.
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cook time:10 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
For the tofu
280g block extra firm tofu
4 spring onions cut into 1 inch lengths
¼ cup corn flour
1 tsp salt
grind of black pepper
3-4 tbs light oil I use ground nut.
Large thumb sized piece of ginger grated
3 garlic cloves grated
For the dressing
3 tbs smooth peanut butter
1 tbs tamari soy
1 tbs rice vinegar
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1 tbs grated ginger
3-4 tbs hot water
For the greens
2-3 cups of greens of choice
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tsp light oil
1 tbs dark sesame oil
1 tsp tamari
Extra sesame seeds or crushed roasted peanuts
- Take your tofu and place on a plate lined with kitchen towel, place more kitchen towel on top and weigh down with something heavy, I used my pestle and mortar but tinned or jar food is fine. This is to just remove a little excess liquid.
- While that is pressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk in the hot water, you can more water to get the desired consistency a thicker than double cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the cornflour and season.
- Have your ginger and garlic grated and ready.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the oil for the tofu.
- Pat the tofu block dry and dice into roughly 1 inch cubes, add to the bowl of cornflour and toss gently to coat.
- Add the tofu to hot pan and turn and toss every so often to brown and crisp on all sides. add the spring onions for the last minute or so of cooking. When the tofu is crisp all over, turn the heat down and add the garlic and ginger, toss for a minute or so and remove from the heat on to a plate.
- Using the same pan add the greens with a little drizzle of light oil and the sesame oil, toss until beginning to wilt and a little charred in places, add the sesame seeds and continue to cook for a further minute, you may also add a splash of tamari.
- Divide the greens between 2-4 bowls and top with the crispy tofu, a good dollop of peanut sauce and an extra sprinkle of sesame seeds or crushed peanuts.
- Serve with a lime wedge and side of sticky rice.