Gluten free, utterly delicious, fresh and vibrant. what more do you want out of a vegan burger?
These are a cinch to put together and lightly spiced with lots of ginger and turmeric. you can ramp up the chilli if you like things hot!
I mix plain greek style yogurt with some mango chutney to slick over the buns, but things like sriracha mayo work well too. add any salad leaves, grated or shredded veggies to suit.
I used Bfree Gluten Free burger buns, but if you can use any buns you like.
- Prep time:40 minutes
- Cook time:10 minutes
1 medium Cauliflower
½ cup cooked Quinoa
4 heaped tbs gram flour
1 tbs ground flaxseed
2 tsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp mild curry powder
1tsp freshly grated ginger
2 garlic cloves grated
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp mild chilli powder
¼-1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs light oil
1 packet Bfree Burger Buns or 4 alternative vegan bun
7-8 tbs Mango chutney
½ cup Plain yogurt
Shredded red cabbage
- Pre heat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets. Lay on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the spices, grated ginger, grated garlic, salt, pepper and drizzle with light oil. Using yours hand or a spoon, combine the cauliflower and spices until fully incorporated.
- Place in the pre heated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just tender and charred in places.
- In a food processor add the cauliflower, gram flour and flax, pulse until broken into small pieces, but not to a purée. It should hold together but not be sloppy at all.
- Transfer the cauliflower mix to a bowl and stir in the quinoa.
- Form into 4 patties and place on a lined tray or plate and place in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- If you like mix ½ cup of plain Greek style yogurt with a few tablespoons of mango chutney for the burgers to sit on.
- When you are ready to serve heat a not stick pan and add 1-2 tbs light oil. When the pan is hot cook the patties for 3-5 minutes each side flipping occasionally, until crisp on the outside and hot through.
- I like to warm my burger buns in a warm oven for a few minutes before serving or char on a griddle pan.
- Spread the bottom of the buns with the yogurt mango chutney mix, top with a Pattie, slices of cucumber, red cabbage, jalapenos and coriander. I like to spread the top bun with a little extra mango chutney before pacing on top.