Sticky, sweet, nutty, and full of hearty flavour, this dish just yells ‘hello autumn, we’re so happy to see you!’
Low on effort and big on reward, these look pretty served in little glasses with a handful of toasted hazelnuts and a drizzle of ice cream. The perfect easy dinner party dish to impress your guests.
Recipe can easily be halved.
If You like this recipe you may also like, Poached Cardamon and Vanilla Pears, Salted Maple Baked Pears, Mulled Wine Poached Pears, Almond crumble Pears, Autumn Spiced Poached Pears and Baked Cinnamon Pears.
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cook time:30 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 15 minutes
For the pears
8 pears peeled and cored
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup syrup from a jar of stem ginger
2-3 ginger balls diced finely
1 ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 pod seeded
2 cinnamon sticks
1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
Vanilla ice cream
1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan
- Prep the pears and place on a baking tray, line if you wish.
- In a small bowl combine the maple and ginger syrup along with the vanilla and stir to combine. Brush some of syrup onto the pears liberally. Pop the cinnamon sticks onto the tray nestled between the pears.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until a knife slides through and they are lightly caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add the diced ginger to the syrup and place in a small saucepan, bring to a light simmer for a minute or two and then remove from the heat.
- Serve the pears in small bowls, with a tbs or two of the ginger syrup, toasted hazelnuts and a dollop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, a pinch of sea salt makes a delightful addition.